About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Immigrants' Dreams

A second painting following "Immigrant's Dream" is "On Community Spirit" It is also acrylic on museum wrapped canvas, 30" x 40"x 2", for sale $400. I painted this one out under our patio cover thinking of nature's colors and then these spirit swooshes took form. I gave them a name, the spirits of community. They embraces disparate entities and brings them together as a harmonious whole.
This painting is not for sale yet.
All people have in their ancestry immigrants. Their dreams are universal.This painting marks an end for now to a series including two other paintings "The Spirit of Community" and "Welcome Immigrants." A new series is beginning but I am not going to post a blow by blow account of the process. I'll wait to post my paintings until they are resolved the week of January 30th. I hope.

1 comment:

Rain Trueax said...

What a totally joyful painting. Perfect for the first of January-- family, expressions of music, dance, art. Love it