About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Saturday, May 13, 2006

I remember Mama

sold
This is a continuation in reaction to our earlier collaboration. I get into a happy joyous and intuitive mind space with my mother though she is not physically here. She has been dead for about two and a half years. During the last few years of her life we painted small paintings some taking only 5 minutes or less as she was so advanced in dementia that she needed assistance in every life function task. She had such a wonderful spirit that she could express joy and emotions and complex thoughts even when so limited. She could still be my leader as her recollection of artistic acheivements would surface as we worked together and communicated and bonded. Girl on Blue Horse, 20" x 16"

1 comment:

Rain Trueax said...

i like that painting and you wrote a beautiful little tribute to your mother to honor her and the support she offered you all of her life. I remember your mom as a woman always interested in new things, exploring life and full of it