About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Flash Back to Early Paintings

Church Lake, Washington State, 1985, acrylic on canvas
Still Life Class Assignment painted at Portland State College 1962 or 1963, oil on Burlap from Miller's Bag Company, Portland Oregon. or Belgium Linen The Fiber is still holding up after about 46 years.


Still Life outside of class assignments painted at Portland State College 1963 or 1964





Breitenbush at confluence of Humbug Creek, Acrylic on canvas






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Diane:
Herbie and I just got finished looking at your blog site. Your landscapes are beautiful, and Herbie is really impressed. Keep up the good work. Love, Herbie and Regina

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Welcome Herbie and Regina. I am pleased that you now have a blog and I will be watching to follow both of your work.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Welcome Herbie and Regina. I am pleased that you now have a blog and I will be watching to follow both of your work.

Anonymous said...

Oh my - that second still life is fantastic. I really like the quality of line in it, and the colours sing.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Dear Cath,

Thanks for commenting. I am still here and will soon be posting again. In the mean time I am working on ideas to submit to the "Move On" Obama art contest due August 18th. Currently I am working on political cartoons having to do with Obama's leadership and his United States identity qualifications. This contest has consumed me almost entirely.