About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Lincoln City Plein Air Art Festival

I am the generic plein air artist on the Lincoln City Plein Air Art Festival 2007 poster. Last year was beautiful weather on the first weekend of October when I enjoyed painting out.



This year it was a wet on the Oregon Coast. Not conducive to exhibiting or selling. Here in the picture, I had just mopped up the water off my boxes which by the way are rainproof with a coat of acrylic medium sealing the watercolor. Well, maybe not as rain proof as I would like and could make them. There was a little bleeding and the acrylic will lift with lots of water if it is thick. Some that had just thin paint and thin multiple layers of medium were more waterproof then the ones with thick watercolor and one thick layer of medium.


I set up the exhibit at 7:45 AM and took it down at 1:00PM to participate in the quick draw, a fund raiser to support the scholarship fund of the Lincoln County Community College. There were only five other artists participating this year. I certainly enjoyed painting wet and juicy a group of people crab fishing and their chairs and fire in a very wet landscape. the high humity is very special for painting in acrylics because there is no rush to finish before the paint dries. Tomorrow I will go to the local glass gallery and take a picture of the dry painting to post here. This year they are doing a silent auction.

1 comment:

Rain Trueax said...

Your pictures say it all about working outdoors :) It was quite a wet, fall week-end in Oregon.