About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Friday, March 20, 2009

Hoff-Rome work shop brings out Helen Frankenthaler in me

Hoff Rome compared this exploratory exercise to a Helen Frankenthaler.

Mixed Media on Gouache paper purchased in China. 10" x 7 1/2" Completed near the end of our full day. We were immersed in the intuitive creative process. I was getting to work outside my comfort zone reaching farther from the landscape and farther from previously programed expectations. We were starting with the panoramic view of her studio in Monroe, Oregon. We stepped outside the realm of painting objects towards displaying our inner movements of our non-dominate hand.
I have painted in the company of Hoff-Rome many times but never fully trusted the importance of working with my non-dominate hand and surely I will now more easily recapture the flow I so often struggle to achieve.
I highly recommend Hoff-Rome's workshops.http://artistlife.com/ If you are open to new processes, the experience is rewarding. If you think you want to be more loose, you will learn if you really are comfortable with the intuitive flow.

No comments: