About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Vase of My Sparkling Dreams


We took the boat down the Siletz into the bay and dropped six crab pots. We were very busy dropping and pulling up the pots so I did not paint then. I did notice how the fog created a dream world which I tried to capture from memory. The Vase of My Sparkling Dreams is as big as all outdoors the sky, the waters and the earth. This vase is one of a growing series on vases expressing what is most precious to me. I am continuing to be open to ideas for other vases that express what others value most. A seven year old boy also said he valued his dreams.

4 comments:

Rain Trueax said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rain Trueax said...

I like the ocean and foggy sky. It feels very much like when I am down there. The vase coming out of the mist then becomes like the one Ali Baba rubbed to get the genii to come out and give him his dreams.

Rain Trueax said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Diane Widler Wenzel said...

I am smiling about dreams being wishes. Any time a dream is expressed in something material,It brings it out of the misty fog and a step closer to materializing.