About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Catching Rays Indoors



I paint where the light from outdoors is best like the dining room. I even bring my paints into the living room entry to work on all the paintings at once. I wanted to see how they worked into the architecture. The darkness of the corner is deminished by using iridescent and metalic paints. I am enjoying painting with acrylic and oils comparing how the light rays work the richness of the colors. I want to enjoy the textures and beauty of the outdoors inside my home.

3 comments:

Rain Trueax said...

you have so much light in your home. It's interesting to see where you paint and I like the painting grouped on the wall as you have put them.

In a day or so I will have a picture of the painting of yours in our Tucson house. It photographed really well there.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

anonymous,
"Very nice" is not my aim. A self -satisfying rich ongoing growth is my desire. My life and my work area are meant to make me and all around me feel good. I want to bring home acorns of truth and beauty and display them on my entry doors. So often painting takes up more and more space and becomes a confused jumble in my studio. Can I finally solve my desire to make art that is really me and not have to become a vender who does art around all the business of selling?
Rain, I am eager to see your pictures. If the time ever comes to sell your place perhaps the buyer will want the desert retreat furnished with all the mytique that you have put into it as a work of art not just another house.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

I would like to hang paintings in the sky lights. There would be an almost atmospheric reflection back and forth in four paintings facing one another. Should be interesting. The colors would also slip into the room. Maybe I should worry though about all the UV light fading the paint. To avoid fading the best paint for light exposure would be acrylic. Some of the early rose tinted acrylics, however, did fade with time. That was 30 years ago and maybe the acrylics are better now.