About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Dragons in other Forms


"Releasing Sturgeon Fish" 12" x 36" acrylic on canvas Sometimes dragons take the form of sturgeon but that was not my intention to illustrate this notion. My motive for painting this picture was not to expand upon dragons. I was going to expand on previous paintings of fishermen releasing their catch. After completing the painting I see a relationship between my fishing paintings and my dragon paintings.

1 comment:

ACey said...

I was glad to discover this blog via Rain and also through some lovely comments you left in my own little corner of cyber space. What amazingly detailed and subtle images! I have never worked with watercolors but lately I have felt a real drawn towards taking some kind of class or at least trying in the intuitive sense. Maybe once the weather grows colder and I'm spending more time indoors ...