About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

From Fir Tree to Cooking Coals


At 2:45 this afternoon I set up my easel to paint the last coals from yesterday's burning. There was such a small pile now of aches from our two fir trees cut down to make space for the building of a new home. I wanted to contrast the burn pile and dirt piles with the earlier paintings I did of the standing trees. The fire was still hot. I put a clay sculpture of a head into the coals and then decided to get a Reynald's heavy duty pouch filled with our dinner. I watched dinner cook as I painted. The dinner cooked faster than I thought, so we had dinner at 4:15 P. M. After dinner I only two plates the aluminum pouch to clean up and I went outside and finished my painting.

No comments: