About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Trees' Life Cycle

The two jay birds' nest fell to the ground with the tree. I may need more detail showing that the tree is on the ground. This painting is taking me the longest to resolve because the blue of the birds did not show up until I popped them out by darkening the background. Today I began to recapture the magic of the tree top first revealed to me when I first looked at it on the ground.
My series is not done. The second one with the round cut tree was a disappointment when placed in the group. It is the only dominate round shape and looks like a distracting target. Today's painting of the newly planted tree is developing well. When seen with the group I see it needs cues to show it is the only close up picture. It could be mistaken for a mature tree when it is supposed to be a newly planted tree. Please click on the pictures to see a larger image.

2 comments:

Jeff Bowser said...

I have to disagree. I think the series is taking shape nicely, and don't find the round shape in the second piece to be a "target" at all. I love the contrast and look forward to watching this develop.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

This painting is available but has gone through transitions. The revised painting will be posted around February 22.