About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Peaceable Kingdom


"The Peaceable Kingdom" is acrylic on canvas 36" x 60" It is a collaborative piece for the "Journeys of the Heart" exhibit at the Benton County Historical Museum in Philomath, Oregon, April 12 th through May 31st. With the purpose of getting ourselves loosened up and engaged in making art for our exhibit Barbara Levine, Michelle Jondrow Schults, Barbara Weber and I worked in collaboration. First Three of us individually did drawings and then we gave them to Barbara Levine who selected from our drawings, composed them into a composition, and drew them on the stretched canvas. Then all four of us got together. Barbara Weber brought leavies to print. We painted for several hours. Some areas were not painted leaving many parts with our different styles unrelated to each other. This was a challenge because the painting is a more limited palette than I use. Furthermore, I do not start from a drawing as we did. My goal was to to keep a sense of our individual styles. I wanted to keep each individual style recognizable and relate all our styles to one another.
This collaborative painting is available for sale and the full $800 is a donation to the Benton County Historical Society and Museum in Philomath, Oregon. The content of this painting is spiritual. For more of my spiritual paintings click here.

2 comments:

Heidi Malott said...

What an awesome idea. Congratulations on the exhibit Diane. This painting looks well balanced, I'd like to see it after the others work with it like you mentioned.

V....Vaughan said...

Your work is beautiful! I am honored that you took notice of mine! I appreciate the nice comment!