About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Friday, April 13, 2007

Benton County Historical Museum Opening



Although it was difficult to get the word out that the museum was having an opening, there was a count of 92 people who came to see our "Journeys of the Heart" of four women presenting a sequel to an exhibit seven years ago. My picture book was hanging between a saying by a famous Confucius Scholar and two verses from the Psalms. I felt my work was very pretentious. It was not yet a story. Then two hours before the opening I finally let go and let the structure of what I had done write the ending.

5 comments:

Heidi Malott said...

Congratulations on the show, Diane! The pieces look so wonderful. Your use of color and line is so brilliant, very captivating. Cheers! Heidi

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Heidi,
Thank you for your kind support. When hanging up this show there were moments of agonizing doubt that come back on me.
Diane

Rain Trueax said...

The photos look great. I am looking forward to seeing the show.

Rain Trueax said...

Well, I saw the show this morning and was very impressed. Your work looked so good there and it was neat to think of the concept of 4 artists having a show 7 years after their first. It came off very well

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Thank you Rain for going and seeing the exhibit. We all were getting together almost every month for a year and thinking a lot about it. Most of the work was done in the past few months. I had work I thought was going into the show but the qquotes were not really ones that were important to me as my book and other works including Chinese proverb and an American Indian song.