About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Framing the July and August Exhibits

"Dragon Song II" is my fiery painting for the group exhibit, "Feathers, Fins and Fire". It is going on a wall with other red fiery paintings by artists Gordon Dobbie and Diane Hoff-Rome. This frame is being restored to give the piece some weight. The linen liner was painted red to be part of the painting. It will be hung next to a very fiery mural size painting.


Some collector stuffed animals and my Peter Pan book from my childhood were the subjects of this painting completed about three years ago. It has never sold and I have never painted over it. It is getting a complete make over for the August Corvallis Art Guild Annual Clothes Line Sale. This hand made frame featured a white, a very bright painted white linen liner. The dark blue outer frame over powered the picture. The red painted liner goes much better with my warmed up painting. Even the whites in the painting have a warm tone.

No comments: