About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Abstract Hot Landscape

On a 300 pound rough full sheet of Arches I painted with house painting brushes and a little water. I squeezed watercolor paint directly on the paper and mixed colors with the damp brushes. The lines are scratched in with a little metal clips for holding paintings in an aluminum Nielsen Frame.
Today's painting felt like a release and a joy to be creating something new using new materials. I need to save, tomorrow, old tired works that are not worthy of the space they are taking up in my home.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I haven't visited your site in a couple of months so I really enjoyed getting caught up in what you are doing now. I see you are doing a lot of experimentation and exhibiting. Congratulations.

I will endeavour to visit more regularly from now on.