About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Saturday, June 23, 2007

New Beginnings and Inspirations Born from the Digital Age

I am eager to try painting a Peace module starting with the Peace Rose in our backyard and two previous paintings which could change as I work on the other three. The module idea is taken from the way Martha Marshall creates abstracts in series. http://artistsjournal.blogspot.com

With my digital camera I can within minutes see the results of taking a picture of my Peace Roses. I edit them with Photo Finale 4 to look like my paintings in color. I will continue to look at the flowers in my garden as I paint but the experience of playing with Photo Finale is another way of finding the whimsy in my garden as I depart from the object and paint my emotions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh - great flowers, fantastic photo. The colours are incredible. I can't wait to see how this develops. Sounds very exciting.

Heidi Malott said...

I agree, I cant wait to see how this develops Diane. What an inspiration these beautiful peace roses are! ~Heidi