About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Friday, September 28, 2007

Crows' Flight at Full Moon and Seagull Paintings

At dawn two crows flew towards the east and the full moon. Then the fog thickened. I used some iridescent Golden gold acrylic to make atmosphere. The brightness of the moon needed impact achieved by pushing the sky to a darker shade with iridescent mists. Also finished a seagull started at Coyote Rock on the Siletz. The seagull was looking up at the fisherman waiting for scraps of salmon fins. My husband and I are staying in a motor coach for a few weeks so he can fish and I can paint. I found a good place to photograph in the felt lined storage cabinet in our motor coach basement. These two paintings stand up on their own because they are 5 by 7 inches and an inch and 7/8th deep. My husband and I crafted these deep cradled boxes so I can paint watercolor or acrylics. All of these boxes will be varnished with matte UV protective medium.

No comments: