About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Riparian Environment

It is raining and we have moved our motor coach to the water's edge. I have been looking more than painting. These are mostly ones that have new beginnings. Just below us is a cormorant diving for small fish. I have a start of the cormorant on the one on the left. I am pleased with the freshness and simplicity of the painting. so then loking at the others I want to make them as direct and fresh so I painted fresh strokes of movement in them risking failure. Sometimes I think it would be better if I had the materials to just start fresh new ideas.

2 comments:

Martha Marshall said...

I like the one at the top center for its qualities of light. The cormorant is looking good!

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Thanks Martha,
It has been several days of looking at cormorants. they are amazing. They can swallow relatively easily fat sculpan known as Bull Heads. They open their beak and expand like a snake. Then they swim about head up as if they were looking down on all of us.