About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Friday, December 21, 2007

Preparing"Hidden Drangons", a January exhibit

Here are some of the paintings that I am preparing to hang at Sam's Station. I am grouping them by placing stacked small paintings between large ones.
December 26th I received an unexpected call from the gallery representative for Sam's Station. I will not be able to hang the exhibit on January 2 because the owners of the restaurant are closing down for the first 9 or ten days of January to go on vacation. So now I will have more time to organize this exhibit. I was not at all upset because next time I say I will do a January exhibit, I'll have it done before Thanksgiving. It took me quite awhile to select work and give titles. "Then and Now Self-Portrait" has several dragons hidden in it and I have titled it "Self-Portrait/Dragons Reflecting 1962"
I had fun with some of my other titles like:
Dragon Eyes are Blue Birds
The Ocean:My Cup Dragon
Peace Rose Thorny Horn Dragon
Dragon's Hidden Coral Garden
Tooth and Spike Kissing?
Sparkey the Dragon Pup
Fir Bough Dragon Whispers to Dragon Cloud
Misty Dragons Meander Between Mountains
Time to bake cookies for tomorrow's afternoon opening at Pegasus Art Gallery in Corvallis, Oregon

No comments: