About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Monday, November 09, 2009

Two abstracted from collaged photograph accordion folded paper




For students of last Saturday's workshop, here are the resulting paintings done from my accordion folded paintings on location. At our North Albany march I recorded nature's colors andlinear energy. I was looking at nature adjacent to both agricultural and housing developments. The paintings were made around photographs previously described in an early post.


These paintings are acrylic on untreated canvas painted before the canvas was stapled to stretcher bars. The first canvas is 28 by 22 inches. And the second is 20 x 16 inches. The canvas was moistened with a spray bottle. The paint was poured or whipped or pushed on directly from the tube. Also used acrylic medium and interference color as accent.

2 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

I love these!!!! The technique fascinates me!!!!! I'd like to learn more about it!

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Thanks Kay,
I added a link to my earlier post about the accordion book that stimulates my memory. I look at it like a helper to start with but as soon as I get one drop of paint on the canvas, the process continues without out my accordion book until I am lost and I refer to it like a map.