About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Accordion Folded Watercolor Journal of Inca cruise

February 6 - March 8 my husband and I went on a 30 day cruise on the Holland America Rotterdam. We started in San Diego and went as far south as Lima Peru. The next few days I will continue to post more of my trip paintings. Please click on picture for seeing the detail.
In Panama February 15, 2010, my husband and friends went on a Monkey Island boat ride. We saw Cappuccino monkeys, Howler Monkeys, Broad Winged Hawks, an iguana, crocodile, and also some black headed vultures. We thought the monkeys were the most amazing.

On the actual boat ride, I sketched. I had a prepared watercolor paper folded accordion style. I had splattered watercolors I thought that I would see and was surprised at how yellow the water was. I also cut and folded my paper at home before our trip to Panama. After the boat ride I painted over the drawing.

No comments: