About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Preparing May and June art exhibit at the Albany Public Library

Being sentimental,  I have titled my next exhibit - "Making Happy Memories".  Not all of my paintings are happy to me.  Some are about environmental issues or other politics.  Some are about angry emotions.  These disturbing images are not to be in the library exhibit.

I am taking the labeling of the paintings seriously. On each name tag I make a short artist statement.   Pictures of book covers are included. Some of these memories are realized in the subconscious with belated recognition..  Also I made, while working, conscious inclusions of books which were favorites from years ago.

My careful labeling with dates is motivated by my desire to share the development of ideas and process.. 

No comments: