About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Sunshine Between Showers


Today I woke up in time to see a rainbow above my field but when I returned with a camera the rainbow was faint. After the shower I painted our plum tree with the fir trees in the background. Next year there will be a house between the plum tree and the fir trees. The impending sale causes my paintings to look exceedingly sentimental - an emotion I used to try to avoid. I am still working on yesterday's painting which is too pretty falling in the category of sentimental. Maybe I should go ahead with what I feel. This project after all is a sentimental exercise of enjoying my property while I still own it. After Thanksgiving maybe a house will rise on our field and I will not make any more discovery walks.

3 comments:

Rain Trueax said...

I really like that one, the colors, the feeling of it. There is nothing wrong with sentimental. It's what we store up for the bad times :)

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Thanks Rain! I took on the directive of male instructers who criticized sweet, sentimental paintings as being femine. There is nothing wrong with being femine, sweet and sentimental. I will continue to paint on the picture started yesterday keeping to my original impulses.

Martha Marshall said...

Nothing wrong whatsoever! I'm enjoying these adventures with you.