About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Friday, November 18, 2005

As in Early Civilizations Farming, Creative Arts and Community are One

These are not for sale.














I have been painting over and over this one since September. In the process I realized that I wanted to paint the idealistic pioneering agriculture in late 19th century Palestine where my family was. I realized that the same spirit was in the produce stand in Kirnville, Oregon as well as many other places in the world at various periods of history. I really don't know which came first. Was it community, creative arts, or farming? Most likely all three occured at the same time. And possibly my forebearers believed we would all enjoy life more if we cultivated these three all together.

No comments: