About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Me at my August Show at Pegasus Gallery, Corvallis, Oregon

The painting of my grandfather and the vase is not for sale.

"What My Grandfather's Vase Means to Me - Giving Gifts" features some of the paintings I did as a tribute to my grandfather and my parents. Doing these paintings brought back memories and made me curious to do research into the relationship of the beginnings of making porcelain to making the Chinese Empire cosmopolitan. There was back and forth exchange of ideas throughout history. No civilization can exist by itself but is stimulated by cultural exchanges.
UP DATE September 28, 2009

The process I was going through understanding the significance of giving gifts of vases as a bridge to competing powers and their history has given me the idea for the Children's Ceramic Project.

6 comments:

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

There are also vessels to be carried on ones head. parapluie

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

test

Rain Trueax said...

that's a very nice picture of you and your site is great

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Your political critics combined with creative arts is inspiring me to want to make new blogs. I hope to get the bugs out so I can comment without help.

Yaakov Kirschen said...

I like your site. Thanks for the nice comments about mine. I am just getting started and learning about blogging. I will get the hang of leaving and answering comments soon. Keep up the great work. Sali

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

This one is not for sale. Most of the painting s posted since these are for sale.