About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Fir Tree Cut Down Today


To see a larger image please click on the picture.
Acrylic on deep cradled Masonite box, 12" square, 1 5/8" deep.

This morning I had every intention of painting the blue bird peaking at himself in our pick up mirror. I took more pictures. Today he was alone, the female nowhere to be seen. Then when I was ready to paint he was gone. Later this afternoon half of the two top fir tree was cut down. Because of the rain I just sketched onto the board with charcoal pencil and went inside to paint.

1 comment:

Heidi Malott said...

This is so beautiful and expressive Diane. I feel like I am standing there, in the rain next to that gigantic fir tree. Wow what a feeling!

Thanks for visiting my blog. I am excited for you and your husbands travels. My husband and I hope to do the same thing someday.