About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Monday, February 12, 2007

Self Publishing Granny Book


Today was devoted to publishing "Granny Paints". Previous posts contain all the illustrations and various ideas on the story line.
I published two copies with illustrations. I have a new HP color print head and I am amazed to see that the colors are far more true than the Stapples' cheaper print head. The HP brand is well worth the extra money.
As I was printing I saw some inconsistencies that my proof reader daughter and grandchild missed. So I painted the family tree blanket more like a blanket. I polished verb tense and made the text more conversational. I changed wording that my ten year old granddaughter hesitated on as she read. I have high hopes of sending these books to family before Valentines Day. Time will tell. There were many interruptions and I was happy to go for a walk in the spring like weather. My husband and I sat for awhile viewing the wildlife from our back porch. There were two deer grazing in the woods. We saw a small woodpecker in the oak and the crazy blue birds came close enough to touch but we were not prepared with the camera. The picture here is a cropped one taken with a telephoto lens.

1 comment:

Jeff Bowser said...

Hey Diane, Thanks for the generous comments on my blog. It sounds like you're going through some change over there. I look forward to see the effect it has on your beautiful work. I'll be looking for it.