About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Monday, November 19, 2007

Granny Riding Sea Dragon


( acrylic on stretched museum wrap canvas 40" x 30") for sale $400

Before granny had a wet suit and she was just misty energy, my husband said the painting was too indefinite and he couldn't tell it was a granny riding a dragon. He had no idea I was painting ocean. So I thought he must be right. And I made the dragon more solid. But granny started talking back looking at me in the eye over her glasses as if she wondered what the heck she was doing on a dragon. I turned her head more in the direction she was going. The reins were loose and held as if she thought the whole pose was silly. Her legs were crossed because she needed to go to a toilet.

So in the wee hours of the morning I was awake wondering about how I could change Granny's attitude. I could appease her so she would look like a thrill seeking granny full of zest for adventure that was a fleeting vision in the misty stage of the painting. I decided to uncross her legs and put her firmly on the serpent's neck. I'll paint over her sagging flesh and give her a becoming wet suit.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've just started going through your blog. Your paintings are wonderful, beautiful, inspiring...I'll be back.

sandy

Heidi Malott said...

What an inspiration your special blanket must be. These paintings are beautiful Diane! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! (sorry I haven't been by in a while we are in the process of moving:)

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

joared said...

Found you at "Rainy Days Thoughts." Fascinating paintings.

Heidi Malott said...

Hi Diane! I have been tagged by Jennifer Bellinger and am tagging you:) (please see todays post 11/27 for more info)

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Heidi,
If I had five other bloggers who I thought would enjoy tagging as much as I do, I would keep the chain going. I enjoyed learning more about Heidi. There are five things I would like to share. 1) I grew up in a family where art was just a part of living. My mother was a doll maker of original dolls. 2) I won a plastic blow up tuna fish for sending my painting of a bee to the San Francisco Captain Fortune Children's show. Ever after I wanted to be a painter. 3)My favorite fruit is figs. 4) When I was in third grade I decided my name should be Spring. 5) I do not feel any older and can't believe that my grandchildren are becoming teen agers.