About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Friday, November 30, 2007

"Ignighter the Carousal Dragon"




Yesterday at the Albany Carousal Wood Carving Workshop a half dozen Albany, Oregon artists, who get together to paint once a month, had our most exciting meeting. After a tour of the workshop and Denzel Carousal Museum led by Gwen Marchese, I chose to sketch the dragon now laying on his side in the process of getting his first coat of paint. Here is my beginning on za painting with new dragon energy. This is just what I needed because I was not entirely happy with some of my other dragons. As I work on Ignighter my other dragon paintings are getting a lift.

1 comment:

Martha Marshall said...

You seem to be a natural with this dragon thing. This one is just full of life!