About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Once a Bedroom - then a store room - now a studio

Working on my dragon series, I am bringing into my studio a batik silk gown and Siberian horse blanket - both family heirlooms. I am wearing a silk batik jacket from the Salvation Army as a smock. I do not have an easel as I am tapping into my childhood memories and often do that best by painting on the floor.
I am retreating from the kitchen, living room, dining room into my own space. My husband deserves to have his own space and our common area. I deserve to have my own space to judge my work for myself. I never believed I could view my large paintings in such a small space. Now with the paintings in close proximity of each other I can work towards the flow that interconnects the series of dragons I am doing.













1 comment:

Andrea and Kim said...

Ohhh, I love the adventure into your studio space! I adore the shelves you have to store all of your papers and things...and then all of the paintings on the walls make it great! Thank you for pointing me in the direction of your studio space!

Peace!