About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Monday, January 14, 2008

Completing Four Panel Modular

These four squares and frame just flowed for me. I was pleased that creating a circular movement in the middle worked when I rotated the individula squares. There are many possibilitiies in creating new connections in changing the panel possitions. I have one more modular of nine squares and I will just show the final results Friday, January 18. In the mean time I will attempt to publish a new blog - "From Then to Now" to reveal a thread that connects my ever changing path in my paintings. I have taken a different course trying many directions with the belief that I would be more creative. But I am not sure if I am a positive example or one that others should avoid.

2 comments:

laura said...

I absolutely love both of these modular paintings. The colors are beautiful and the shapes evocative; I could look at them for hours. Are these watercolors?

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Laura, Thanks for your comment. In answer to your question about the modulars. Yes, I use watercolor. I first prime the boards with gesso and absorbent ground. Then a paint watercolor mixed with a acrylic matt medium. I finish with a clear coat of acrylic. Some of the modulars progress and need more acrylic paint than others.