About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Eighth Day Resolution of Modular Frame

The Modular Frame is pushing our skills to the limit. It is a new idea materializing. My collaborative partner, my husband, worked in the shop today trying to make a companion piece for the one I am working on. As might be expected in working out the kinks in a new creation not all is perfect on the first try. The tolerance of the fit is very slim in each of the nine compartments in the frame. These frames are difficult to make just right with my husbands equipment.
Below are some blocks evolved to final resolution. the modular frame is a 23 3/4" square. Each of these deep cradled boxes are 6 inch squares. The medium is watercolor with acrylic medium and acrylic paint. The modular can be hung on the wall or placed in a stand for putting on tables. The complete modular with stand is for sale $900.























No comments: