About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Friday, June 06, 2008

Finding new beginnings in older paintings


To "Cebolia Wildfowers" I added a thin layer of paint around the flowers sympifying and thus making the areas relate to one another. The way I draped the flowers over the landscape reminds me of the Iris Patch Dragon that I just painted. This painting is acrylic on canvas 16" x 20" for sale $300.



"The Iris Patch Dragon" is watercolor and acrylic in Acrylic medium on cradled wood board 6" x 8" x 1 1/2" for sale $100. The iris hve been beaten down by the rains since I first started this painting. The way they line up on the ground in curved lines suggested the legs and claws.





The weather is very rainy and cold. So in my studio I am adding myself to old painting such as this one.


"Riding the Dragon of Windy Bend", is acrylic on museum wrapped canvas 24" x 36" x 1 1/2" is for sale for $300



No comments: