About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Monday, February 23, 2009

Painting Out of the Rain




"Painting After Rain", acrylic on stretched canvas, 16" square, For Sale $150 plus postage.




I am painting acrylic again today. Although it is pouring down rain the north east side of the shop doesn't get the rain. This was a favorite resting place for our sheep when we had them. Here I am between the rat poison and the lawn mower. Instead of starting a fire or turning on the electric space heater, I used a hair drier. The paint should be dry enough that I can go back and finish the painting. I love fit when the sun comes out after the rain as it is doing now.



1 comment:

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

The Golden Paint Company answered my email within a couple of hours and I must report that my paints need to be over 49oF to dry. The recommended temperatures are between 70 and 90oF. At lower temperatures the time it takes for curing can make the paint more fragile and cracking can happen. Yes, I noticed cracking when I tried to dry the paint with the hair drier. I will be writing another blog about the technical advise from Golden.