About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Visit to Bond Butte Pond

My husband and I drove to Halsey and then to Bond Butte Pond in view of the I5 Freeway. This is the first time we have visited the resting place of the small logs he cut from our neighbor's wood lot. We were happy to spot a couple of the logs submerged to give fish shelter. My husband is photographing the makeshift fishing platform.

A few branches of the log break through the surface. Below is the lake looking towards I5.




There were many birds including this black bird. Near Hway 99 we saw tundra swan, hawks and bald eagles. Around the lake was killdeer, black birds and geese.
Today was too cold to see the warm water fish in the pond but soon I want to return to the pond in warmer weather. Maybe some of our local artists will want to paint here with me.

No comments: