About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Friday, February 27, 2009

Volunteer for ODFW - Bond Butte Pond fish habitat




"Mother Donates Fish Habitat Logs For Bond Butte Pond" might be the one I choose to be exhibited in an Oregon State University Art about Agriculture exhibit this May and June at the River Gallery in Independence, Oregon. The exhibit is called " This Everlasting Valley II: Willamette River Valley Farms from the Art About Agriculture Permanent Collection With Recent Works". The show is exciting me. I can show both the changes in the woodlot next to our home and the development of my painting process. The painting in the University's collection is "Mother Thinning Woodlot." "Mother Donates Fish Habitat" was begun looking out our garage back door but immediately I was challenged by the dry air of the furnace making it hard to move the paint around when it dried too fast. The feeling of outdoors was just inches away so I moved out into the freezing cold to paint the foggy setting for my memory of my husband volunteering to log neighbor Mother who donated the wood to Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife for building fish habitat at Bond Butte Pond, a quarry dug out for the building the I5 freeway. I want to also paint the volunteers working at the pond.

No comments: