About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Friday, April 17, 2009

Family vacation in Moab

Monday I hiked to Delicate Arch in Canyon Lands. It was a perfect day to paint on location.



We were staying at Red Cliff Condos on the south end of Moab. On Tuesday I stayed behind with my grandson who was immobilized by a knee injury. We played chess and watched TV. I had some time to paint especially when he was sleeping. From where we were staying I could see horses, the red cliff and distant snow covered mountains. The painting that is shown here in a frame is a gift for my granddaughter who liked it.













I was fascinated by the fast moving clouds at sunset.





Dust storm at Moab on Wednesday.






We returned on Thursday towards Salt Lake by going to Goblin Valley. This is one of the paintings I did in the car. Tomorrow I will post more of the drawings and car paintings on that day of unseasonal snow and hale storms.







3 comments:

Darlene said...

I am assuming that you paint in water color; a very difficult medium. You are brave to paint in a moving car. I would make a huge mess (if I could paint at all, which I can't).

I love your dragon on the side bar.

loriann signori said...

Nice fresh sketches. In particular the sunset form the car and dust storm reveal the colors and feel of that part of the desert. Nice

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Thank you Darlene and Loriann,
I strive to keep to my first fresh impression.