About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Monday, July 23, 2007

Most Developed Rose Dragon

"The Peak-a-boo Dragon" has the most volumes and linear detail of the nine 12" square by 1 3/4" deep boxes. It is the most like the roses I am observing. As for the dragons emerging from this series, I have not decided how hidden I will keep them. More importantly I observe and interpret. As the roses age in our garden the petals become pointy dragon heads. Their pointed shape is formed because the heaviest vein is dead center and that remains hydrated while the side veins become more prominent as the the cells around them shrivel. Then the rounded full cloud dragons were ready to nurture more roses are as round and full as I made them. There is much to do to finish this series. The arrangement of them on the wall is important. I am trying to show relationships between each one with the others so I am hanging them and then moving as well as painting on them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diane this is such an exciting series to watch develop. The colours are so lovely. I think they look great in the shot of them all on the wall.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Cath,
Thanks for looking at my blog and commenting. I enjoyed the architectual use of art in the airports of New Zealand, especially the fiber tapestries. They have very bright colors as well. Christ Church had a marvelous fabric store that waslike visual candy. All these experiences count as I try for the unknown journey in my paintings here.
I am enjoying working on this grouping. I want them to look well together and make me feel good about going from one room to the next. Maybe there will even be a story in these paintings some how.