About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Monday, July 30, 2007

Dragon in the Surf

My series of nine hard board (Masonite) deeply cradled blocks are going to go into this coming Saturday, August 4th Clothesline Sale on the Benton County Courthouse lawn, Corvallis, Oregon. It is an all day sale from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. The desire to be illustrative has won out over being more abstract. If you have been folowing this journal, you have seen these nine in beginning stages. Yesterday I wasn't sure where I was going with them. But now I have paintings and simple titles of where I have seen dragon-like form. There is still a little finishing to do before Saturday on all of these and in finishing them I hope to keep the original fresh emotion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane, I don't see a way to email you. Is "Granny's Painting" from your January 10, 2007 post still available for sale? If so, how do I email you? I love your work. :-)

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Anonymous,
Yes the Granny painting is available. And thank you for your compliment. Again my e-mail is dondianewenzel@msn.com
I'll check my settings for this blog because my e-mail address should be on it. Diane