About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Titles for the new dragon series


THE FINDING DRAGONS SERIES
Everywhere I see dragons shapes in nature. From bottom left moving up and clockwise I give each of these paintings a title. The titles this time will be as close as I get to a narration. I have not found a story in these, though often a story evolves from a series. The titles are:
Unmoving Rock Dragon
Dragon Wearing Rose Petal Wings
Dragon Hiding Behind a Rose Head
Dragon Anticipating the Dawn
Dragon of the Fir Boughs Whispers to a Dragon Cloud
Surf Dragon Splashing
Mist Dragon Sashaying
Inserted framed painting of night lights
Dragon Eyes Flower
Dragon on the Yellow Earth Blows Kisses

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mist Dragon Sashaying - what a great title. They're all good titles, but this one really tickles me. It's been lovely following the development of this series.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Thanks so much for your kind words. I just returned from a sidewalk art sale that really wounded my pride. Being able to share my process on line is enriching to me personally. It keeps me focused on doing meaningful work. This blog and interaction with viewers greatly enhances my development.