About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Abstracting River Landscapes

















I took photos of atmosphere to summons the many dragon shaped logs and rocks of Windy Bend on the Siletz River. Photography was my tool to stimulate imagination but I did not look at photos as I painted. My childhood memories as I painted were like yesterday when I was living in the foggy San Francisco Bay Area. These two boxes were painted in camp not on the river as was the other box I posted yesterday with a description of media. I am looking forward to doing more boxes and maybe dragons will appear in them. Maybe the abstraction will approach non-objective. I expect an adventure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These new watercolours are beautiful - such lovely soft colours and transitions.