About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Seventh Day of Riparian Series Started Tight


At the beginning of the day I felt tight, I was not happy with the results of my series. And I felt that was good. I was ready to go beyond what I had done but needed to get primed to do so. There was a painting I did in 1997 that had never worked to my satisfaction and it was so thick with paint I thought I would toss it but first I would play. I made a fun pseudo child like painting. The spirit of this dragon I wanted in my other paintings and I needed to feel this child in me. Then I boldly made some changes in the "Siletz Riparian Bronze Dragons" mimicking the 8th century BC Luristan pole ornament.
My playful dragon is the Oregon Coast Sea monster conjured up by parents who want their children to play safely on the beach and not venture out swimming in the cold Pacific Ocean where the monster hides.


No comments: