About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Seeing my dragon series in new ways

One way of seeing my paintings differently is showing them in a gallery setting. The picture shows a public display of the story with the title in the center and the story revolves around it. This will be up until the end of August at Pegasus Art Gallery in Corvallis, Oregon. The whimsy of my subject goes well with the intent of the gallery.
I am renting the wall and need to think if I want to continue marketing. If they don't sell, it is very expensive for me to show my work here. $150 /month for really fine public exposure that not only is for selling but also educates the public. It is a gift from my heart.


The painting here, one of the ones in the exhibit, started as a peace rose. And peace and war is a topic in museum settings and might my work fit into that venue? Perhaps I should be applying for shows at schools, colleges and universities where selling is not the prime motive?

I do enjoy the process of making art and journaling on the Internet. The Peak-a-boo Peace Rose Dragon with the slight suggestion of a dragon's eye in the upper left corner. But then I saw the face and decided that it went well with Rain's story. Rain of http://rainydaythought.blogspot.com/ seeing my blog and following the course of this series helped me with a story when I didn't think there was one.

No comments: