About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Day five of Raparian Dragon Series


Today I doubt my direction on this series. I am thinking of removing the one inspired by the Luristan Bronze in the upper right corner. I want to keep that one. It belongs with another grouping of art that appears to me connected with riparian river banks. It is time to let these paintings rest. I'll put them away for a couple of days and look at them again with fresh eyes.
The most pleasurable part of the day was making low texture with the gesso and Golden brand absorbent ground. I am finishing about 66 of these boxes to paint while I am at the Oregon Coast. Memory paintings explore creative distilled vision. I continue to think about how the ancient bronze maker was influenced not only by the environment but also by the observance of the properties of the metal giving character.
I was not surprised when my husband showed me that he some how acquired a daub of green paint on his side burn. I declare thalo green is really tough to work with because it keeps jumping onto me and everyone around me.

No comments: