About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Ideas from Kim

Kim Rodereffer Funk has a great blog with some ideas for painters. What I like about them is that they start the intuitive juices flowing. This wonderful bog is at http://kim-creatingspace.blogspot.com/. She suggested weaving two paintings together as a good warm up exercise. So I thought with all the studio clean up that I am doing I could use a little brushing up today. This is made of a portrait that probably was not my mother at the nursing home and an ink drawing mother and I did together. This little tribute to my mother is not for sale but might make it in some show with experimental or symbolic works.

6 comments:

Andrea and Kim said...

Hi Diane! I really love this! I love how you have taken this clean up and brought your mother in on the art. In the end, you never know what might come from it. Maybe you will start a new movement! Lovely work!

Thank you for your kindness in mentioning me on your blog today! It is an honor, indeed.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Chuckel!
Kim, What a heady goal to start a new movement. Actually blogging artists could be learning what is good in making art - putting the spotlight on living as an artist. It helps a visual person express themselves in words.

Andrea and Kim said...

You are right, Diane! I am grateful for the blog world. You just never know what might come from all of this...

By-the-way, I mentioned you had done this piece on my posting yesterday. So there is a link to your blog there.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Thank you Kim,
When I am connected on our road trip to Yuma and back I will check on your blog.
We have a motor coach with a basement full of art supplies so I am ready to go to it.

Rain Trueax said...

i looked and blogger didn't block the link. You didn't leave the whole title in it-- http://kim-creatingspace.blogspot.com/ Leaving out the blogspot left it a non-working link. :) And yes, she has an interesting site as do you

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Thank you Rain. The errors have been corrected.