About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Window frame, book, modular

The grid is the number one greatest invention in the history of man. Perhaps when all anthropological studies are complete, the one area inwhich mankind can be considered distinctly different from other animals is our invention and applications of the grid. An example being the fold lines of a book signature, a sheet itself which when folded and cut becomes one unit of the book. Books are one application. Here I am symbolizing the story line weaving through the book pages of the book maker's signatures of 16 pages. For those who have not been following my blog I have been painting various sides of the cradled boxes which can be rearranged into the modular frames in endless combinations. I hope to go beyond an exercise by also expressing symbolism, mystery, awe, and emotion.

2 comments:

Andrea and Kim said...

You are well on your way, to be sure. I love this series of yours. You are right about the grid...but it is simple and simple is often the best beginning.

I will be watching here to see where else you go with this project!

Lovely work.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Kim,
You are very welcome to this blog. But I don't know what this fox anti-virus e-mail is about. I am already protected with a virus scan. Though I dont' want to I am going to preview and accept all messages in the future.