About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

What do I do with all the puppies that didn't sell?

I have stored all quarter sheet watercolors in graocery bags. For several years I stored them and now I can go treasure hunting through them. The "Red Sea Anemone" was one of the daily paintings I did with my mother during the last years of her life. On this one my youngest granddaughter painted the yellow first.


One of my treasurers is a painting that I did on the Santiam River while my husband was fishing and moving down the river. I am thankful to the cross sectional collage that maps my development. The exercise of seeing an overview of my work helped me to appreciate this one.


In addition to the treasurers from the two bags of paintings stored away for several years, I placed paintings were sorted. Some were cut down into post cards, and some were ready for the gesso recycling journey. The ones covered with matts have been croped and will be posted on a gallery on the internet for sale. I think I have hundreds that mother and I made and someone would like to have some of these bright and joyous paintings so they will be for sale too.

No comments: