About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Fleeing Homeward



Although I took two canvases like this one 48" x 24", I did not complete either one. I was saving them for the last leg of our journey which was covered so quickly we didn't stop to paint. But as we started back the weather was predicted to be snow in the high passes on Friday. So we hurried past some beautiful landscape. On Thursday, March 27, we drove for 12 hours solid with a short stop for dinner. "Fleeing Homeward Past Walker Lake" was my first painting done at home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, this is great. Love the colours and the freedom of the mark making.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Thank you Cath. Good to hear from you.

rob ijbema said...

this is my fav,a bit back...or forward to the 1966 rain collection?