About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Feeling The Rain Drops


The rain showers contributed to the mood and even to making my painting. The wetness of the rain mixed with the water soluble oils. Paint was everywhere on my easel and on my gloves. The messiness of painting was exciting though. The rain damp landscape was rich with color. The thunder clouds were sweeping through the air. When the sun pierced through the clouds, the fields started to steam especially under the trees. I began to think about the lane that makes two right angle bends around the end of our field. These bends are the old path going past a barn long gone.

2 comments:

Martha Marshall said...

Beautiful, magical. The blue is stunning.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

The blue is acrylic from the first painting that I did on this board. Max Ultramarine Blue Deep and Cobalt Blue do not have enough pigment or strong enough pigment to get these blues. I thought that the first painting would contribute to the field that I was painting.