About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Our Back Field and Pump House


Our pump house has seldom been a subject in my painting since we lived here the past 22 years but now that we are selling our field, I am eager to enjoy our property by using it as a beginning for some works. As I work I become closer to the beauty in what was so common place to me. I am not reproducing the landscape. I am making interpretations. At first the paintings will be impressionistic. Future paintings will become more abstract and emotional.

1 comment:

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

When I started painting this one it was a good four degrees below freezing. My fingers were getting cold through the gloves. When I added water to the Max water soluible oil colors the paint went on thick but started to drip in the consistency of linceed oil. Made interesting texture but I wanted it to be more in shadow in the foreground so had to paint over drips. I really would like the Max colors if the addition of water would be in the consistency of soft butter. Usually though in warmer temperatures the mixture of oil and water is too thin like milk.