About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Friday, November 03, 2006

The Rain and I Painted


Today it rained at near record amounts. I was still eager to go out and see what emotions could be stimulated by the mood of the day. I painted with Max, an oil paint so refined that it mixes with water. So I tried painting during a light shower. The rain made the thick oils run a little. Painting this way I needed to put down the idea and then react to the changes made by the soggy day. I feel that the pressure was on to express the feeling I had right away without getting bogged down by detail.

3 comments:

Martha Marshall said...

Could be you've discovered a new way of working. I like the light bursting through.

Rain Trueax said...

I like that and the feeling is definitely right for the weather and the day.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

I appreciate your comments Martha and Rain. The muse I enjoyed yesterday did not grace me today and I scraped the oil paint off my effort. I guess failed days are always a risk in trying new ways. I feel in the scrapings a new image that will emerge in a day or two.